Well here I am at 35 weeks! I still can't believe how quickly this is going. I think all the "excitement" and doctor appointments make things seem to go faster.
I'm hitting new levels of discomfort lately. Fun stuff. I can't imagine how much bigger I'm going to get in the next 5 weeks. Right now my most comfortable position is leaning over, on anything. A countertop, back of the couch, the bed, etc etc. I'm not sure why it feels so good, I guess because it takes away the downward pull on all my muscles and stuff. I'm starting to get minor back pain too. I love going to bed every night, it's the only time I'm truly comfortable!
One of the funniest things for me is seeing Jeff and me trade places in terms of our body temperature. This baby sure generates a lot of heat! I think next time I want to deliver in the middle of winter, so I'm nice and warm all throughout the cold season! I get SO HOT at night. For instance I woke up last night 3 times just drenched in sweat! We have 2 fans running in our room. In the mean time, I look over at Jeff and he has pulled an extra blanket over his side of the bed. HAHA! We have completely traded places. Hopefully I'll go back to normal after the baby is born. I hate being so hot and wet at night! It's gross! Either that or our A/C bill is going to skyrocket. :)
I told Jeff we had better get serious about packing our hospital bags this weekend. I KNOW I could very well (and probably will) go completely full term without a problem, but I just want to be prepared. I don't want my water to break or go into labor and feel completely panicked, like "I'm not ready for this..." It'll be a lot better for my mental health if we can just have a plan of action and have our bags ready to go. So if something does happen before we counted on, I'll at least be prepared.
Yesterday I did some reading up on polyhdramnios (extra amniotic fluid.) It seems that poly patients tend to deliver a bit early. And it turns out my friend in Houston had polyhydramnios with her son born a few months ago... Sure enough her water broke at 35 weeks and she had her baby boy! Thankfully he didn't even need a NICU stay! That gives me a lot of hope! Reading anything medical online is dangerous though, it's way too easy to scare yourself. Among poly patients, there is also a higher incidence of c-section delivery. Some of the reasons being umbilical cord prolapse, putting distress on the baby, early placenta abruption, and umbilical cord accidents in the womb because the baby has more room to move around, bringing the need for an emergency c-section. For the mother, increased bleeding and/or hemorrhaging is possible because of an over-stretched uterus. For that reason, sometimes they consider induction early, around 37 weeks or so.
So anyway, I guess just be praying for us. It would be great to keep the baby "cooking" for at least another 1-2 weeks, the longer the better. Also be praying for a complication-free delivery!
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



1 comment:
Hey Laura!
Just wanted to give you some encouragement...I was a poly girl too, and I had James at 40 weeks and 6 days! And obviously no health issues here. ;)
We'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment