Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally Some Good News!

I had my follow-up Level II ultrasound with the Perinatologist this afternoon to check up on the baby and the polyhydramnios. Mom got to come with me because Jeff was unable to get off work. First of all, they hooked me up to a non-stress trest and the baby did great! Heart rate was resting in the 140s (wow! So relaxed!) and during activity, the heart rate jumped into the 160's, I think it reached 170 one briefly. So we got a few good accelerations! Wonderful! I'm wondering if it's because when the perinatologist tests me, I lay back in a HEAVENLY LaZBoy... That thing is wonderful. So comfortable. I feel like if I had one of those, I certainly could sleep! And anyway, when I have a non-stress test at my OB, I'm just laying back on a regular OB table and I almost always have a heart & breathing "episode." So I wonder if the baby is reacting to my internal stress when that happens? Not sure. Because both times we've had the NST at the Perinatologist, we've gotten great results. Interesting.

Anyway, the ultrasound went great. I asked the doctor if he could tell me my amniotic fluid "number" - he'd told me last week that I had excess fluid, but had never given me the official number. He said last week I was a 25... Which puts me at a mild case of polyhydramnios, and this week, I was a 20!!!! That brings me down into the normal range! And he said Baby is head down and partially engaged, and that I should have no fear of umbilical cord prolapse... He doesn't think the baby is going to move out of this position, and there's no way for the baby to even try anymore. So that is such a relief! I don't have to panic now if my water breaks! He said everything looks great and all we need to meet Baby is to get some contractions going.

So YAY for some good news for once!

4 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you got some good news today!

Chasing Dreams said...

Laura! Reading your blog is so exciting - I wish I could be there! I can't believe how soon you'll be meeting Baby!!

Jennifer said...

That is good news!

Mike and Susanne said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had a good doctor's appointment! Sounds like you better make sure you have everything you need in your hospital bag, because you could be going anytime! How exciting!