Monday, April 14, 2008

As if I needed more stress in my life...

I got word this morning (via email of all things, when my boss is sitting in his office 20 feet from me) that as of Friday, I no longer have a job. What great timing. Especially considering that he had verbally assured me SEVERAL times through the pregnancy that I'd have full time work from home after my maternity leave.

It just makes me mad. Now instead of enjoying the first few weeks of my baby's life, it will be spent job hunting and having Nana come over to babysit while I go out for job interviews and daycare hunting. I know daycare isn't the end of the world and SO many people do it, but it's not what we were planning on. I wanted to be home with my baby, yet working at the same time. I'm not going to find that situation again.

I wish this baby would come ASAP so I can just get the heck out of here and be distracted by my new little one. So, just be praying for us. This comes as a huge mental and financial shock, and we don't have much time before I'll need to be doing something else for work.

I had a sort of exciting night last night... I woke up at 1:50 to a contraction, and got sort of excited, but of course tried not to get my hopes up and laid there waiting for the next one. 5 minutes later, I had another. 5 minutes later, another. After half hour of timing them, I was getting excited, they were coming regularly every 5-6 minutes but I didn't know what to do, so I just laid there for another half hour. Even my lower back was getting in on the action, it would HURT when a contraction rolled around! But the contraction itself didn't hurt, I'd describe it more as uncomfortable, once again the crampy "ugh" feeling. So after an hour I was too bored/excited to keep laying there in bed, so I decided to get up and get on the computer or something to kill time. They kept coming for about 30 more minutes, but as we approached 2 hours, they started to die off and just turn into regular BH. Boo. So I went back to bed.

Nothing to report this morning, still semi-frequent BH but that's nothing new for me!

I can't wait for my Dr appt this afternoon!

5 comments:

Emily said...

So exciting about the contractions. Maybe Baby wants to meet you very soon! Still praying for you guys

Elin said...

This is far from fair. Over here it's actually illegal to fire a pregnant woman (or a man expecting) and we have longer maternity leave.

I'll be thinking of you guys. Good luck job hunting!

Heather B. said...

I am pretty sure they cannot fire you since you are prego. You should check it out!! Good Luck!

Elin said...

Oh and I forgot, how can it be "as of Friday" - What happened to notice? Again, it's three months over here I thought it was at least two weeks in the US.

Anonymous said...

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6,7)

I pray God will deeply bless you, your baby, and your family. I pray that he will provide you the peace needed to get through all the different seasons of life that you are going through now. I pray He will bless you with a thankful and rejoicing heart that will lift your mind from stress and sorrows. I pray a hedge of protection around your mind so that only His peace will prevail as you think about your future, in Jesus name, A-men.

*A wonderful bible study for all expecting mothers (I'm due in October) is: "Nine Months To A Miracle". Such a wonderful study that prepares you spiritually and for the emotional changes of motherhood. You can find it in the religious section of any Barnes and Nobles.