Monday, April 14, 2008

36 Week Appointment

Not much to report! There won't be a baby today or tomorrow, that we know of!

My doctor seemed surprised by the amount my cervix had effaced, but I'm not dilated any further. He still thinks I won't be pregnant long, but wants to get every day out of the baby that we can. He said based on my ultrasound from last Thursday, some evaluation of the placenta (I won't pretend I understand it) indicated that if the baby had been born that day, it would have had pulmonary issues. However, that was before the steroid shots had been in my system 48 hours, so hopefully we're in better shape today. He set up another ultrasound for Wednesday to check on fluid levels (make sure they're still down) and check out the placenta. After that, we're just taking it appointment by appointment.

That's all I've got for today, I'm off to take a nap!

No comments: