Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Let The Coundown Begin!

I just noticed on my ticker this morning that I'm in the single digits - 9 days until my due date!!! I really hate this waiting stuff. Although at this point I'm glad it looks like I'll make it to May... I'll be a May mommy after all! Jeff will be glad he doesn't have to buy me a diamond - only an emerald! haha.

Although, if life wants to make things complicated for us, today would be a "great" day for me to go into labor... Because it would be the ultimate in inconvenience! Jeff doesn't have a car today - he went to work with a friend because he's going to a Texas Rangers baseball game with a bunch of friends this evening. So if at any point I go into labor today, I'm on my own until we can figure out someone to go pick Jeff up downtown (or in Arlington at the ballpark) and bring him to me!

Of course I know that's not going to happen, because I want it to! haha. I'm so ready to have this baby, and have my body back! My belly has been very itchy the last couple days - it looks horrible with all the stretch marks I have. It's not a happy camper. I'm thinking about taking a bath today, that sounds nice and relaxing. My next appointment is tomorrow morning, I hope my doctor's intuition was right but at this point, I'm certainly not feeling like I'm on the verge of delivery or anything!

3 comments:

Elin said...

Try getting some coconut oil (coconut fat) an apply it to the stretchmarks (Best if organic and 1st press). Did wonders for me.

Good luck!!

Emily said...

Ha! I laughed about the diamond. Jeff will probably be relieved for the baby to wait until May! I hope baby doesn't decide to come today. It is a bit stressful when you in a hospital having a baby and your husband is not near you. If it happens, give me a call, I can coach you through that since I've been there! Praying for you today.

Heather B. said...

Sorry about the stretch marks!! I know how horrible they are. With my 1st pregnancy mine were so bad! But with the second I only got 2 new ones. You can also get Vitamin E oil from Walmart or Target that is exceptional!

Enjoy these last few days of your pregnancy. Believe it or not as much as you think you will not miss that belly, trust me, YOU WILL!!! My babies are 4 and 10 months and I still miss mine!!!

Praying for a wonderfully easy labor and delivery!!!