Thursday, April 3, 2008

No Bedrest!

I had another doctor appointment this morning. The best news is, I'm not on bedrest! I think I'll sort of just self-impose some rules on myself and take it easy a bit though, but it's nice to not have any official restriction.

I got the results back from the fFN test from Monday, and it was negative! So that's good! It means that I have a low risk of going into labor in the next 7 days.

The doctor ran another fetal non-stress test, and Baby's heart rate was good, actually a little too lazy! It was resting in the 140's to lower 150's, and they like to see a good 20 bpm (or more) jump when the baby kicks. We were only getting readings of about 160 bpm when Baby would kick, which was somewhat infrequent. He/she was sleepy this morning! So my Dr came in with this buzzer and buzzed my belly... The baby sure reacted to that!! Scared the crap out of the poor thing!!! Heart rate went to 179 bpm!! My dr says they like to call it "stimulation" so they don't feel mean. ha!

Some other good news - I was DOWN a pound and a half since Monday! Woohoo! I'm sure it's just scale reader difference, but I was glad to not see an increase for once, especially in 3 days. :)

The most interesting news of all - on Monday, my cervix was long, hard, and closed. Today, he said that my cervix is soft and about a finger tip dialated!!! Yikes!

So we're keeping my appointment for Monday, he just wants to keep a close eye on me for the next little bit and see how it goes. So that's all I've got for now!

2 comments:

Jimmie said...

It's crazy that you've only got like a month left--it's getting so close! I bet you guys are super-excited, and I'm so happy for you!

Jennifer said...

That's great news about the bed rest. I like reading all the details - it is getting close! :)